July 20, 2026
July 20, 2026
I’m stressed. My dad has now been drinking for 5 days. He’s been keeping me up all night walking in and out of his room and his bathroom (because he slams doors instead of gently closing them like a normal person) or leaving to get food and or more alcohol. I feel so stuck here. Next month I need him to help me get a bank account and an ID, I’ve never had either because I never learned to drive and was too young for my own account. Now I’m not, and I’m tired of being stuck. I want to start selling my dolls. The ones I make and the ones I no longer play with. I could also sell lots of things from my bedroom that I no longer like or use.
My hopes with selling my reborns is to be able to buy more supplies to make new ones and continue selling those. My work is getting decent enough to sell them cheaply as beginner dolls. Even with this I can buy more supplies and kits. I’m on lots of reborn platforms to promote my dolls and tell others they’re for sale. I prefer eBay for selling so far but Reborns.com doesn’t seem bad. I’d put my dolls on both. With reborns.com you have to promote your dolls in other places, they only show up if someone searches for them. Unless you pay which as a beginner that sounds very stupid for me to do.
I do not think I will promote my dolls on TikTok, it’s full of children who will just ask for the doll for free. Those comments on other people’s videos already piss me off, I wouldn’t want them on my own. I do still want to post them there so I may just turn my comments off. I’ll also post them on Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and maybe the BB forum (if that’s allowed, which I have not checked yet) Facebook is a good place for selling reborns I’ve heard, obviously I do not know for myself. I told my dad about wanting to start selling dolls and he expected me to be able to sell them quickly, but I know most dolls sit on the market for months to years, and I say years because I’ve been looking at a Drew Ann reborn for two years on eBay. She’s very pretty, I’m not sure why she hasn’t sold. The seller even lowered the price quite a bit. I feel bad for her. The other Drew Ann on eBay has also been there for at least a year, maybe it’s a kit preference thing?
I’ve noticed dolls sell very quickly on Reborns.com, every doll I’ve liked there has sold within a month or so. Even the dolls I find ugly sell. For high prices too. I have a Phineas that I did not paint very well, I genuinely believe I could sell him there just as a kit for at least $80, I’d be making my money back plus what I payed for the other kit I bought with him (sale kits). I want to stop painting Bountiful Baby dolls, the paint doesn’t stick to their limbs at all. It’s horrible. The heads are fine though, they look very nice in my opinion, other than their odd shape which makes painting hair nearly impossible. Right now I have a Bryson by bountiful baby, he was turning out very well, until his paint started just rubbing off around his feet. I’ve seen this with so many other Bountiful Baby dolls. I wish it could be fixed. I’ve heard primer helps, I may try that before I give up on them.
They’re much cheaper than sculpted kids, well they used to be. Either way they’re around $30-$60 less. And they have sales. I really want a Ciccia kit before she sells out, she’s around $160, I just know she’ll be near $400-$600 when she’s sold out. She’s a very unique and realistic kit. I like Sunna also, but she’s not as unique, I’m not sure why I like her. At first I didn’t like her, then I saw multiple pretty versions of her on Reborns.com and I started wanting her. I still want a hailey by Donna Roberts, one sold on Reborns a fee months ago for $50, I’m pissed I didn’t know about it. I’ve wanted her for years. Asleep toddlers are so hard to find, and she was perfect. I’m so sad BB discontinued her, I believe they also discontinued Juan, they shared limbs and he was the only other toddler artist kit they had. He was for sale maybe three months ago, I haven’t seen her for sale on BB in at least a year, maybe two.
I believe they said Emmy is coming back, she’s a toddler Realborn kit, she’s 30 inches. She has a weird uncomfortable looking face, I never really liked her. Charlie (their newest toddler) also has a weird face. He looks sick. I’m not sure what’s up with that. June looked okay (the toddler version), but her eyes also looked a bit weird. I’d like a June toddler in my collection, but I wouldn’t seek her out. Good Morning Sunny was a very pretty kit, I wish they’d bring her back instead of Grumpy Sage. All of the sage kit’s need to be retired, her head is shaped horribly and she looks weird. I believe there was a limited edition Brooklyn kit that was a non crawler, yes! I just looked her up, she was Brooklyn 8 Months Sleeping, she was somewhat rare to my knowledge, but I cannot find anything saying she was a limited edition.
She was adorable, I really hope I can find a reasonably priced kit of her. I love babies of her size. Tibby is another of my favorite toddlers, she’s really cute but also weird looking. Either why I like her. Grumpa Bubba is probably my second favorite toddler kit, she’s adorable. She’s so fat and cute I really hope I can find one of her, she’s also discontinued. I’m not sure why BB discontinues their best kits, it’s really upsetting. Most of their artist kids are much more sought after compared to their Realborns. However there are some Realborns I like, Kelsey awake, Ruby awake, Tessa asleep, and June awake and asleep. It’s hard for me to find Realborns I like. Most of their lips are very thin and their eyes are very slanted and look angry? They also have weird facial expressions. But I also find it hard to like Sculpted kits, especially the popular ones, I liked pickle for maybe a month, then everyone had a pickle. Same happens with quite literally every other baby. I don’t want a doll that someone could point out and say ‘oh I know someone who has her’, or ‘isn’t that *sculpt*’.
I like unique dolls. I’m very picky with them. I want to start rooting hair on my dolls, I think that would be easier for me. Painting hair is really hard for me because I cannot figure out placements and what looks correct. With rooting I feel like I’d just know what’s enough, where it looks right, all of that stuff. I may be wrong though, I may still struggle horribly. But it’s worth a try. I’m excited to start putting more effort into reborning. I really want to get better and start selling my dolls. It’s a really fun hobby for me. It’s very peaceful. I wish my dad would go back to work already so I can be alone while i do it, otherwise I get annoyed easily. Mainly because the past week while I’ve been trying to paint he’s been walking around the house and slamming doors and being annoying. Drunk.
I hope things get better.
I feel miserable
Comments
Post a Comment