September 3, 2026
My Day + Doll Talk
I didn't skip blogging for two days, you did. Anyway, I just woke up an hour ago (4am). I've been sleeping at 6pm the past two days, my sleep schedule is nearly fixed. I worked on Realborn Kelsey for the first time in a week yesterday. I painted a few red & yellow layers, along with one blue layer. I also did mottling in red & yellow. I may do one layer of blue mottling, but not much, I want Kelsey to be warm toned. I also worked on rooting realborn June, though I didn't get very far.
June has a huge head, she takes forever to heat up, and rooting has been a bit harder the further I get up her head. I'm going to try and get more done today, after I've done more blue layers & mottling on Kelsey. I'm currently watching Futurama, I'm thinking of updating my Pinterest archive boards. I added one Doll to Sheila Micheal's board, and I added three to Donna RuBert's, I'm not sure if I did this today or last night.
After doing research on Donna RuBert's older Dolls, I really want quite a few of them, all of which are discontinued. My favorites are, Muffin, Stinker, & Cuddles. Along with Hailey, though there's actually a chance of me finding a blank of her and Cuddles. Muffin & Stinker are nearly impossible to find photos of, I couldn't even find a sold Stinker on Reborns.com. I just checked for a Muffin on Reborns.com, Nothing. I'll check Ebay. There is one blank Muffin available on eBay, though the listing & location are both issues.
The listing itself is a little odd, the photos only include her limbs, no head is shown. In the description, it says her head is included. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable buying a kit I haven't seen photos of second hand. The kit is located in Australia, meaning shipping costs are very high. The kit itself is the average price, but with the shipping adding $40 it feels not worth it.
Stinker is only available in porcelain, painted & assembled. I wouldn't want Stinker as a mass produced porcelain doll. I'd like to Reborn him (in vinyl) myself, as I would all of the other Donna RuBert kits I like. I'm sure I'm more likely to find these Dolls, already reborned, on sale at some point, but I'd prefer to have them as blanks to paint myself.
This is mainly coming from the fact these kits are really old, meaning they were either reborned around 15 years ago (very outdated reborning, likely ruined hair, & not well painted) or they’re being reborned by an older artist, and this almost always means once again, outdated reborning processes, wigs or cheap, badly rooted hair, & not as well painted.
There are two Cuddles available, one on Reborns, the other on eBay. Both have horrible wigs, (why are you putting an 18 inch wig on a 26 inch doll?) the painting isn’t amazing, especially on the eBay doll, and I’d never want either in my collection. Finding older dolls (10-15 years old) well reborned is nearly impossible. I dislike when newer artists or older, losing their skills, artists work on kits like these.
End of rant, I need to get back to work. I did not get to work, I scrolled on my phone for an hour then made breakfast, technically lunch (what I planned to eat for lunch), then scrolled some more. I need to clean my room, I may do that later. For now I'm updating Pinterest boards and possibly adding a few layers to Kelsey.
I've just finished adding all of the board sections I planned for my Pinterest, I'm thinking of grabbing a snack & watching TV for a bit. I ate a dinner amount of hot cheetos & cheese cubes & drank cranberry juice. I want a new more "limitless" website, I know I'm going to run out of space for photos soon and maybe even text on lurk. I'm not sure what I'll do.
Pinterest keeps removing my photos & not telling me why, this is really starting to bother me. I also searched a few of my pins, none of them show up, even when they're the only pins available with my title. My whole point for making archives of hard to find/rare/discontinued dolls was so that people could find them easier. As I myself have had so much trouble finding certain dolls when doing research.
I'm currently on Google Sites and I think I may be making a website, it seems pretty decent as of now. I worked on new website for a few hours and now I'm napping. Nighty night
Comments
Post a Comment