August 28, 2026
My Day + Doll Talk + Random Topics
I woke up at 8pm again, as soon as I woke up my father texted me saying he wanted food. We ordered pizza (day three of pizza, I may explode). Then we watched King Of The Hill until he went to bed. Now I'm in my room watching Futurama, I'm on the first episode. So far it's really good, I love Bender. There's 14 seasons, if I like it I'll have plenty to binge. I need to watch a new movie or continue reading (Rage by Stephen King) soon, I've been slacking on so many things lately. I also need to stop avoiding painting. I think I'm scared of messing up, which is weird because I haven't messed up at all within my last four Dolls. And before that, I hadn't messed anything up but painting hair and mixing paints once. I've always been decent at painting the skin tones and features, and doing mottling, just not painting hair, and sometimes overdoing things.
I'm a little sleepy, I've only been awake for two hours. I may just lie down and watch futurama for a bit. I ended up adding a few of my playlists to my, now functioning, playlists page. I'm going to add more later. I think I'll update my doll archive now. I uploaded my last two blogs to my blogger, I wish I could have the same setup there, I have no idea how to edit it. It's my birthday (12am), technically my birthday starts at 8:29 AM. I was born at the same time as my birth date, my dad told me this a few years ago, I was surprised he'd never brought it up before. He said the nurse asked if he wanted them to mark it as 8:30 AM, of course he said no. I wouldn't want to change my child's birth time to an even number regardless of their birth date, it just seems wrong to me. I find it weird that I am legally considered a year older for 8 hours when really I'm not.
If this were my 21st birthday, I could legally drink 8 hours and 29 minutes before I'm actually the legal age. Obviously there are other loopholes here but it's just something I noticed earlier. This has reminded me that I need to get an ID, I never got my license so I'm stuck IDless. I'm basically Jane Doe. Fun fact, it's legal to change your name to Jane/John Doe in the US. I wonder how many people have done this, or were accidentally named this. Google says there are anywhere from 18 to 50 women in the US legally named Jane Doe. It also says there are around ten thousand people with the last name Doe, a small percentage of these people have likely accidentally used the names Jane or John for their child, as I suspected. The US started using John Doe in the early 1800s, Jane Doe began use in the late 1800s to early 1900s. They also used Richard Roe for whatever reason.
I forgot what I was supposed to be doing, back to updating my doll archive! I updated nothing, I just added more sections. I need to pick one and finish it then move on, but I'll never really be finished because most of the brands/Artists have thousands of harder to find or lesser known dolls. I want to add Tibby to my Donna RuBert section next, Tibby was made in Porcelain then Vinyl. I love most of Donna's Sculpts, but Tibby is one of my favorites. There is a standing and sitting vinyl version of her, I've only ever seen her standing in porcelain, I wonder if she was only made sitting for vinyl or if there are rare sitting versions of her in porcelain as well. Found her sitting in porcelain! I guess this version could be common as well, I've just never seen it on eBay.
I just finished writing down each of Donna RuBerts Dolls produced through Bountiful Baby, I also emailed Bountiful Baby asking if Hailey will ever be available through them again. I really hope so, she's very hard to find nowadays as a blank. So are all of her 9 month Dolls, she had five I believe. Each of them are unavailable as blanks through Bountiful Baby, I may ask about those next if they're okay with my first email. I have so many questions about their older dolls. it's almost 6am and I'm getting tired.
Nighty Night
Comments
Post a Comment